Here at Lincs Aquatics, we get excited about new product launches, not just for RedSea but for any brand we have such as Oase, JBL, Fluval, Evolution Aqua and many more.
So when we got the call about the new RedSea ReefLED 160S we wanted to share it with you as soon as we possibly could, but obviously we had to keep quiet. But now we can share that information with you!
Who are RedSea?
RedSea have been around for 25 years, committed to providing complete reef solutions, allowing hobbyists like you, to focus on the beauty of your reef inhabitants rather than worry about water chemistry or the suitability and compatibility of aquarium equipment.
What features are on the RedSea ReefLED 160S?
- REEF-SPEC® light output for optimal coral growth and colouration
- Homogeneous light with a gentle shimmer
- Reef-safe dual-channel colour setting plus dedicated moonlights
- ReefBeat® app for easy set-up, operation, monitoring & notifications
- Anti-glare recessed lens and clip-on visor
- Tilt-switch automatically switches off the light when tilted from horizontal
- Pat-pending stadium-shaped lens provides homogeneous light spread
- Units can be mounted up to 75cm / 30′ apart for superior coverage
How to mount the RedSea ReefLED 160S?
You can mount the RedSea ReefLED 160S using multiple different mounting accessories. Which means no matter your set up, there will be something for you!
- Pendant - ReefLED Pendants are designed for multiple ReefLED units and come in both Black and White trims, also comes in 4 different models that are suitable for tanks from 75cm up to 228cm
- Universal Mounting Arm ReefLED individual mounting arm attaches to the wall of the tank, which can be easily moved to to the upright position during reefscaping or tank maintenance. Suitable for tanks with a width of 57cm to 80cm. Glass thickness of 8-19mm.
- Hanging kit ReefLED hanging kit allows individual units to be suspended above the aquarium.
- Clip-on Visor is used to prevent the unwanted glare of the RedSea ReefLED 160S
Reef-Safe PAR Distribution
ReefLED is Reef-safe as it provides ideal PAR values throughout the aquarium, without hotspots or areas with insufficient light for coral growth. The PAR distribution map shows the actual PAR levels as they vary throughout the cross-section of the aquarium.
RedSea Reefer Deluxe Model
From now on you will be able to select any of the Reefer Deluxe models from the XL-425 with a choice of either ReefLED 90 or ReefLED 160S
What is the pricing for the RedSea ReefLED 160S and when can we get our hands on it?
The price for the RedSea ReefLED 160S is £649 and for a limited time, every purchase for the ReefLED 160S will get a free Universal mounting arm with an RRP of £80.
We are hoping for a delivery of the ReefLED to be with us by mid-October.
To be able to get your hands on one, it is highly advised that you put a pre-order in as soon as possible!
So are you as excited as we are?
As soon as we get our hands on the ReefLED 160S we will do an unboxing, and share with you our first thoughts!